Thursday, September 10, 2009

I know, I'm a slacker!

I haven't been keeping up with updating here. Even though the tobacco harvest is done, we're still busy here.

The newest addition to our Farmall family.....I think this one makes the count now 62.



A new fan assembly and a fix an oil leak.


One of the Cubs I'm workin on.


This one needs a new rear main seal on the engine.


Flywheel removal


A buddy of ours dropped of his H for me to fix. Engine was froze up. Got it freed, but it smokes like a chimney.


Bad valve guides.


Pulled the head...gonna put new rings on the pistons and new rod bearings in it while I got it apart.


Meanwhile, Ed Jr.'s been busy reroofing one of the tobacco sheds.


Ed Sr. helpin him out...ya ain't gettin me up there. I'll stay in the shop...thats where the beer is anyways!!!





One more day and he'll have it pretty much finished. Hope the Rain holds off!!

Gene

8 comments:

cowgirl said...

Shoot Gene, nobody could ever accuse you of being a slacker!
Congratulations on the new Farmall... looks like it's in pretty good condition. :)
The two Ed's are doing a great job on the shed roof too! Looks nice.
Great pics!

Rothe Homestead Farm said...

Thanks Cowgirl! :)
In two weeks Ed Jr. and I, along with another cousin of ours, will be heading out to Pennsylvania to a HUGE ag junkyard. Wait till ya see the crap we haul back...LOL!

Gene

cowgirl said...

Bet you'll be like kids in a candy store! :)
Sounds like fun!

Rothe Homestead Farm said...

You have NO idea!!!! I live for this trip....Christmas doesn't even compare! Okay, a trip to Okieland would top a junkyard!!!!

For those of you that read this, check out Cowgirl's Country Life under Our Fovorite Blogs on the right of the page, and you'll know what I'm talkin about!!! This girl can put any chef to shame!!!

Becky said...

Congrats on the new addition!

Can't say I blame you for not wanting to get on the barn roof. Andy always says "there's always something that needs to be done on the ground, too!"

Rothe Homestead Farm said...

I like that Becky...plus, there's really no good place to set your beer up there! :)


Gene

Becky said...

LOL!! Yeah, you would definitely need some kind of beer holder on your tool belt! LOL!

Rothe Homestead Farm said...

Hmmmmm.....Roofing cooler. Might have something there..lol!

Gene